Tuesday 22 January 2013

Intro

As the temperature increasingly dips below freezing, the left hand side of my closet has been rendered inutile. Mini dresses and skirts all hanging limp, a constant reminder of warmer weather ahead. And so it is, like always this time of year, sense of fashion becomes overruled by self preservation. Cotton pants & varsity sweaters become a staple in the winter wardrobe. Yes they are warm, but are they necessary? Fortunately I never participated in sports, nor did I date the college jock. Therefore, I was lacking in the sweats department. As a result, I had to consider new weather-friendly alternatives.

As a student living on a budget, my disposable income was suffering. ERGO, I had to make due with what I had. Mixing and matching provides a great way to liven up any ensemble. Rather than tossing my fall pleated skirt, I added a pair of knee highs and was ready for January. My floral camisole was no longer a spring only item. Pairing it with a wool black blazer was a great transitional piece. These are just a few ways to bring life back into a hibernating wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment