There are various techniques to this look, the standard being a dark shade of colour over the majority of the head, with the ends being lighter in comparison. Unfortunately, not all stylist have mastered this technique. Therefore for the more daring, I suggest you check out this site for achieving the beautiful look.
One of my favourite ombré looks is that on nails. Not only is this a modern take on the technique, but it is also a refreshing look as opposed to the common manicure.
In order to achieve this look, follow the steps below:
- File and smooth nails
- Apply a base coat for the polish to adhere to the nail
- Select a colour, preferably a lighter tone and apply over the entire nail
- On a piece of paper, pour a few drops of the same polish. Directly beside it, include another colour of your preference. In the photo above, a peach and pink polish were used to create the ombré look
- Use a toothpick to lightly blend both edges of the polish so that the bleed together
- Take a standard sponge and dabble it on the paper containing the two polishes
- Apply the sponge, that should now contain both colours, on to your nail
- Apply a top coat to smooth out the imperfections the sponge made, as well as to create shine.
Don't be a afraid to get messy! In fact, its a must! As difficult as this technique may seem, the results are worth it. This is a great look for both day and evening.